Apparently people like mulch! This blog has seen a steady increase in hits since I posted the ‘free mulch’ tidbits several weeks ago. So, I thought I’d take this opportunity to preach to the choir about some mulch benefits:
- Mulch keeps the soil warmer
- Mulch retains more water
- Enough mulch naturally squelches weeds
- Mulch adds more nutrients to soil, especially compacted soil
- By adding more nutrients, mulch helps attract beneficial creepy crawlies – like worms & bugs
- Worms & bugs help aerate the soil, making it less compacted
- Less compacted soil is better for growing things
- When we have things growing in our yards, we attract beneficial insects
- Bees are beneficial insects/pollinators
- We would do well to attract bees
- So mulch, mulch, mulch!
That’s all for now folks!