The Rabbit

by Michelle Lasley

Michelle Lasley is a mother, wife in Pacific Northwest learning to balance green dreams with budget realities.

May 16, 2009


Categories: Family

We’ve noticed lately that a certain stuffed bunny could benefit from a bath.  We were unsure of the wisest course of action but settled on the washing machine followed by a line dry.  This weekend presented our opportunity.  Needless to say – a certain two-year old was quite distressed when a certain mommy said, “Rabbit has to take a bath.”  And then, rabbit was submerged in the washing machine.  It took about a half hour for Mr. Levi to get over his sadness so that he could function.  When the aforementioned bunny was then strung on the line…

Rabbit here, drying in the sun.

Rabbit here, drying in the sun.

… the certain two-year old eventually found him because it was imperative that the laundry be finished.  So, when momma was hanging the other linens on the line, Mr. Levi had to inspect.  Rabbit was found.

Levi is frantically reaching for Rabbit.  He misses his friend.  It's kind of like Calvin without Hobbes.

Levi is frantically reaching for Rabbit. He misses his friend. It's kind of like Calvin without Hobbes.


  1. Stacy Chu

    I like the picture of the bunny hanging on the line. Nice dramatic effect. 🙂

  2. Michelle

    I”m glad you think so… it means the mission was realized!


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Read more on this topic…

Oils for Grief

Oils for Grief

Using essential oils for grief can help us walk through our pain in a way that can allow us to better manage in the world.

One Year

One Year

Peter and I were barely working between the two of us, he had been laid off and with struggles feeding Levi I was barely pulling 5 hours a week. We were at the DHS office applying for food stamps when Peter got the call that yes indeed TriMet was offering him a job. We had been at the DHS office since 7:20 am and we finally got home close to 10:30 am. We barely set our things down, relieved that there was more money in our future and we could at least buy food for our small family when the phone rang. It was my mother. It was one of those phone calls where you just know something is wrong, and how wrong it was. She asked if I was sitting down, and I think I sat down. She didn’t wait to tell me and simply said, “Cristi is dead.”


Your Cart