Introduction to Episode
Finn is a corporate dropout looking to co-create the future. After finding they were physically shutting down because of a stressful corporate job, they decided to switch to a path of discovery. That discovery has led to really assessing their impact on the environment and sharing a vision with the world.
This episode is marked explicit for the name of a poem at the end called the D#ckless Unite.
Podcast Episode Summary
Finn and I discuss sustainability, concepts of enough, working on our discovery. I love talking big ideas with my guests, and Finn is no exception. We dive into tenets of Christianity, ways of communication, and ultimately, an invitation to co-create a future of collaboration.
Wilderness Way Pillars
- Shalom: work for justice and create peace in our environment.
- Jubilee: the belief we can free ourselves from debt, poverty, wealth.
- Sabbath: making sure we make sure we rest.
- State how you feel about a thing
- Observe and name the situation
- Name the feeling that comes out and link it to your need
- Make a request
The Skills of Loving
- Seeing – seeing others and being seen by others as we actually are
- Hearing – speak and hear others truths and our own
- Responding to Needs –
- Having Good will
- Honoring Everyone’s Experience
These are great tools for giving common language to groups.
Top 5 things of self-discovery
- Take an inventory of what you have, need, and want
- Find some sabbath time
- Get out in nature
- Find others on the journey as well, your community
- Connection with the sacred
- Interview with Laura Rowe, https://michellelasley.com/2020/01/laura-rowe-an-interview/
- My New Year’s Resolution Episode, https://michellelasley.com/2020/01/happy-new-year/
- Marie Forleo Everything is Figureoutable, https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/everything-is-figureoutable_marie-forleo/26368655/#isbn=0525534997
- Wilderness Way, http://www.wildernesswaypdx.org
- Ecotopia (https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/ecotopia-the-notebooks-and-reports-of-william-weston_ernest-callenbach/252922/#isbn=0553136232) and Ecotopia Emerging (https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/ecotopia-emerging_ernest-callenbach/345888/#isbn=0960432035)
- Non-Violent Communication, https://www.cnvc.org
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/big-magic-creative-living-beyond-fear_elizabeth-gilbert/9354312/#isbn=1594634726
- The Frugal Woods, https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/meet-the-frugalwoods-achieving-financial-independence-through-simple-living_elizabeth-willard-thames/18021792/#isbn=0062668137
To reserve space at Magdalena Acres, email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Retreat at Whidbey Island”. Magdalena’s website will be forthcoming.
Contact Finn email@example.com with the subject “Balance Shared” to discuss more theology, sustainability, and learn about Magdalena Acres
For more information about Michelle, Balance Shared, events, and projects, please visit www.michellelasley.com.