Introduction to Episode
My guest today is my friend Cheri Riznyk. We dive deep into the world of imagination discussing how she creates magical worlds for kids to perform. Oh, and she does improv, but you’ll have to wait for season 2 to hear more about that.
Podcast Episode Summary
Cheri has been a performer and interested in performances her entire life. She weaves a tale from when she was young and initially introduced with immersive theater. Now, one of her passion projects is facilitating kids in an improv theater through an amazing co-creative process.
“Bringing something completely magical to every day life that you would never expect… because it makes you alive to all the possibilities.”
[On co-creating with the students and insisting they come up with their own characters.] “It’s a lot more imaginative and fun if you are using your own original ideas.”
[On describing her secretive, complex subplots that are like treasurers for the participants to find.] “Those kinds of discoveries are really fun.”
- The Game https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119174/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- Westworld https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- Village Home Learning Resource Center https://www.villagehome.org
- Saturday. Academy https://www.saturdayacademy.org
- Vita Nostra by Marina Dyachenko, Sergey Dyachenko, Julia Meitov Hersey https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38633526-vita-nostra?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=3sJsfYL9LM&rank=1
For more information about Michelle, Balance Shared, events, and projects, please visit www.michellelasley.com.