Introduction to Episode
A few years ago, Lety and Michelle met through a Women in Networking group-housed out of St. Helens, Oregon. Fast friends, they dive into public relations, Lety’s wheelhouse, and why you would want someone to do PR for you.
Podcast Episode Summary
Lety does not identify as Sam from Sex in the City, except for the badass portion. Lety fell into this career after exploring beating a feature writer, a way to share people’s stories.
Basically, PR is promoting to media. The media can vary, and it can mean so much more. A big part of PR is building relationships with the other people who tell stories, the reporters.
She reminds us that an email is a viable tool for communicating with your people but don’t forget your strategy. She warns to not consider you are failing if you don’t see a quick ROI. Maybe you need to take a look at your strategy? Maybe your expectations need to be refreshed?
Lety’s ideal client is fun and outgoing, a little scared and ready to be pushed outside of their boundaries, and they must be willing to invest in themselves.
“I was still telling people’s stories, just in a different way.”
“That’s where the passion comes, because.I know when I am pitching for someone, I am helping them, I am getting the word out about them.”
“Stop and smell the stories.”
- MailChimp https://mailchimp.com
- MailerLite https://www.mailerlite.com
- Constant Contact https://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp
- Badass Bitch PR on the web: https://badassbitchpr.com
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/badassbpr/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/badassbitchpr/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/badassbitchpr
- Join Lety’s Networking Group for Women: https://www.facebook.com/groups/badassmomsinbusiness
- Networking in Rose City (Let’s other Networking Group): https://www.facebook.com/NetworkingInRoseCity/
For more information about Michelle, Balance Shared, events, and projects, please visit www.michellelasley.com.