This is the “king of oils”. Sourced from Somalia and Oman, doTERRA actually created a cooperative with existing farmers of Frankincense. So, why do we even call it the “king of oils”? Because this complex oil can support the whole body in a variety of ways. Frankincense essential oil supports a healthy immune response, promotes overall skin health, and supports a healthy inflammatory response in skin cells.
Frankincense oil blends well with citrus oils like Lime, Lemon, and Wild Orange – among others. One of my favorite blends is for after school grounding and focus. I will take 1-2 drops vetiver and frankincense and add 4 drops of wild orange. The uplifting citrus pairs very well with the whole grounding of vetiver and frankincense. Often, study time is much calmer when this is diffusing!
Frankincense can be used for a variety of things. Here’s a short list:
- Add to your DIY facial toner to support healthy, glowing skin
- Apply after your morning shave to provide relief to razor bumps
- Diffuse on your car ride into work for a calming, relaxing fragrance to set you in the mood for working
- Use in your prayer or meditation, as it is the Oil of Truth, to help you get into alignment with your truth
- Take daily under your tongue or in a veggie cap to support overall cellular function (pro tip, try it for a month and report back any findings)
Click the links below for more!
Below is a doTERRA video on the sourcing of Frankincense and why their Frankincense is so different.
- Chemistry of Frankincense: https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/science-research-news-chemistry-frankincense-essential-oil
- Study on Frankincense: https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/science-research-news-frankincense-study
- Uses of Frankincense: https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/spotlight-frankincense-oil