- I had 3 full quart jars of extract. I set out an 8 cup liquid measuring cup. I sat a colander on top, and topped that with a cotton towel.
- I next emptied two-quart jars over the sifting mechanism.
- I used an 8oz ladle (the only measurable size I have) 3/4 filled, and poured it into my 4oz amber glass jars. I had a narrow mouthed funnel inserted into the top.
- I set the glass jar onto a small bowl lined with a paper towel to catch the drips, and there were drips!
Funneling the extract immediately through the colander and cotton towel into the large measuring cup saved time and simply felt more efficient. Ladling the extract into the 4oz jar was more accurate and cleaner. Previously, I filter from a smaller measuring cup into the 4 oz jars, still using the funnel. The ladle was a lot easier. I will be investing in a 4oz ladle.
See the photos start to finish.
[flickrslideshow acct_name=”alexis22578″ id=”72157626971874291″]
- Cherry Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (theliberatedkitchenpdx.com)
- Homemade Vanilla Extract (thehappyhousewife.com)
- Fun with Rum – Vanilla Extract (crissybakes.wordpress.com)