We are in our second week of our weekly subscription to the Oregonian. We began our subscription just as this bailout stuff was getting underway. So, here’s a week in review, based on the headlines of the Oregonian.
- Bailout seen as first step in crisis, Monday, September 29, 2008
- 777.68 drop, As lawmakers reject a rescue package 228-205, panicked investors send the Dow Jones industrials to the largest one-day point drop ever, Tuesday, September 30, 2008
- While Washington is talking, Bailout backers retool; people in Oregon are hurting, Hard times catch up to Bend, Wednesday, October 1, 2008
- Biden vs. Palin & Sweetened bailout bill moves ahead, Thursday, October 2, 2008
- ‘Heck’ of a show & Bailout bid turns up heat in the House, Friday, October 3, 2008
- Bailout: It’s just step one, Saturday, October 4, 2008
A $700 billion bailout package for Wall Street and the first Vice Presidential debate with a female contender for Veep. As they say, history is in the making.