Tomorrow, I am Eucharistic Minister. Head Eucharistic Minister. That means I stand next to the priest. Sure, the line is not complicated, but I am always a little nervous in this role. And, now, after only a few months of holding this role I have the lead position. I’d rather just serve the wine.
- Today was composed of fixing cars, taxes, and quick dinners. I awoke to a text from a friend, apologizing for the late night message that could have waken us. It didn’t. Turns out her radiator blew a piece off late in the evening. So, she absconded my husband for a few hours so they could diagnose and fix her car.
Mid-afternoon, we (this friend and I) visited Portland State for some free tax advice from CASH Oregon. It’s a training opportunity for up and coming certified tax consultants or something to do for retirees: prepare tax returns, free of charge. I had already prepared mine, but given potential food club complications, we wanted a pair of expert (or near expert) eyes to look it over.
While we were gone, my husband fixed the lawnmower and worked on the brakes for the truck. Unfortunately the brakes weren’t as easy as our friend’s radiator!
And, that, is more or less a typical weekend day for our family. Tomorrow, I want consumed with bread baking, a pot roast for dinner with some roasted vegetables.
Tonight’s Curried Rice
- 2 cups (dry) brown rice cooked in 4 cups chicken broth and 1 heaping tablespoon of muchi curry
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 small zuchinni, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Heat large pan (I used a wok). Add oil around edge of pan, coating. Add onion and garlic. Soften for a few minutes. Add carrots. Add peanuts. Sautee on medium-high heat for maybe 5 minutes. Add frozen vegetables, heat through. Add curried rice. Taste. Adjusted seasoning by adding 1/2 tsp salt, cloves, and 1 tbsp cinnamon.
For Levi and me, topped with whole, plain yogurt. Served with leftover spicy black eyed peas.
The husband had three helpings throughout the evening.
- Three months done (michellelasley.net)